Do you ever wondered why aren’t my headphones working on Windows 10? What you have to do when your headphones or audio speaker not working on Windows 10. How to fix audio problems on Windows 10 with this troubleshooting.
It’s annoying when you finished upgrading to Windows 10 and some functionality is not working properly. Windows 10 was expected to be a modern and reliable Operating System as an upgrade for Windows 8.1. What happens when everything went worst than expected. Audio issue is one of the main problems Windows 10 users encounters. The volume is on the max but nothing heard. The speaker or headphones are not working, the headphones is just fine because it can be used on other devices, so the problem is with Windows 10, and we have to do something about it.
How to fix windows 10 headphones not working
Update the driver
When you upgrading to Windows 10, you also have to update the driver of your hardware. In this audio issue, you have to update your sound card’s driver. You can update the driver through Device Manager.
- Go to the start menu or type in Cortana “Device Manager”.
- Click the top one from the search results. Select Sound, video and game controllers.
- If the sound card’s driver is already installed, you can see it there. Open the sound card, go to the Driver Tab, and look for the option to Update Driver.
- Windows 10 will search for the driver automatically, when it’s done, restart the computer to see if it’s works.
- Windows will not always find the right audio drivers on its own, if this is what happen, you have to download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.
Change to lower or higher format
If updating driver is no luck, you may have to change the audio format, adjust it to lower or higher until it make a sound. Go to sound settings and choose your default audio, usually it is the first choice.
Right click on it and select Properties, then go to the advanced tab. From the drop down list choose a different default format. In some cases a lower or higher format might work for you depending on the audio driver, so make sure to try all of them to see if it works or not.
Roll back the driver / Playback devices
If changing to lower or higher format is not help, you should try to roll back the audio driver, here’s how to do it:
- Right click the sound icon on the bottom right corner of the taskbar and select “Playback devices”.
- Right click “Headphone” and select “Properties”.
- In the General tab, you should see a section labeled “Controller Information”. Click the “Properties” button.
- A new box with some driver information should pop up. Click the “Change Settings” button under the General tab.
- Switch to the Driver tab and click “Roll Back Driver”.
- If you are using headphones, set it to the Default in the Sound window.
Download and install Realtek driver
Some of Windows 10 users suggest the simplest solution: download and install the Realtek driver to solve this issued.
Well that’s it, we hope one of those method can help you to resolve your audio problems with headphones or speaker on Windows 10.
If you are still having trouble in a fix windows 10 headphones are not working, please let us know about it.
article keywords :
- fones de ouvido não esta funcionando no windows 10
- le cuffie non funzionano
- why aren\t my headphones working windows 10